Monday, February 15, 2010

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds


This triptych was done for Erik Olson's Tech. 2 class. The assignment was to paint a triptych that was your interpretation of a particular song. I chose to interpret the Beatle's, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds using self portraiture. My roommate Megan Marsac is a wonderful photographer and did the reference photoshoot for me. I think the three paintings work well together without being too similar, because I wanted to work out of three different color keys. The first painting is depicting "Cellophane flowers of yellow and green, towering over your head." The second painting depicts "The girl with Kaleidoscope eyes". And the third painting is "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds."

2 comments:

  1. i still think this needs to be trippier.
    i like the 3rd panel best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fanks Anna Lisa. I know, but I wanted to stay away from the psychedelic style. I wanted to interpret it using a fashion illustration style. I didn't want to be so literal with it, the song was just a launching point really.

    ReplyDelete